Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Goodbye Warm Fall Days

We have had some of the most beautiful fall days this year -- temperatures in the 60s and 70s with amazing colors in the mountains. As we go about our regular day-to-day activities in town, I am in awe of the mountainside. The Aspens have filled in the burnt trees and created magnificant views. I am still amazed we live in such a beautiful place.

Eric took this photo on his hike/run up Santa Fe Baldy last weekend. I took Elise and Gus on a hike up at the ski hill last week with friends (forgot the camera) and it was glorious.I just kept saying, "Those trees, that color, this day, the beauty,...is ridiculous."


The kids have been playing in the leaves with the neighbors in the afternoons. I cannot help but think of my mom and her love of yellow, orange, red colors of the fall. It really her season and she has made it a marvelous one around here.



No comments: